Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Antispam question: What letter is used to denote aperture on a lens?
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vlad Posted - Aug 30 2008 : 2:45:49 PM
This one is very cool, it may be some kind of artillery related cameras judging by wide lens.

Mike thanks so much for these great additions!! Absolutely superb! The AFAs are especially excellent since there aren't any good images of them anywhere.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vlad Posted - Sep 01 2008 : 11:29:38 PM
The only explanation I can think of is for the inside of the aircraft... why else would you have wide angle lens??
sovietcam Posted - Aug 31 2008 : 3:06:47 PM
a small solution!
the camera part is almost the same as a fkp-2 camera (body and screws) and the mechanics is equal to 90%.
So an aerial camera.
fkp-2 makes picture over the HUD system, but for what is this camera with a 35mm lens?
Vlad Posted - Aug 30 2008 : 5:42:13 PM
Yes because camera itself is not marked and I do not see any holes from a missing tag where it would have the name. What I've noticed about all these military cameras is that they are usually clearly marked with name and logo of factory. This seems like a camera of 2 parts and one part is clearly marked, so it must've always came together. And the serial number on the camera part is probably for servicing purposes since it is modular in case one of the two halves needed to be replaced so they track it by each part.. just like the shutters have their own serial #. So I would call these two parts YAD4-1F top (camera) and YAD4-1F bottom (electrics)..

Would be great to hear other members' opinions too...

sovietcam Posted - Aug 30 2008 : 5:26:41 PM
Thank you thank Vlad

you think that's the name of the camera with the number. could be!
I also thought
Vlad Posted - Aug 30 2008 : 5:10:16 PM
Mike! Congratulations on the baby!!! It's awesome!!

Regarding this camera it looks like the actual camera part would not functional without the electrics of the other half so it's same to assume this is the name for the whole device.... in my opinion at least.

sovietcam Posted - Aug 30 2008 : 4:14:44 PM
thanks vlad for my return to the forum! I had a small baby
on this camera. I had made an entry with unknown camera, because I think that this name is not for the camera, but only for the lower part. the camera has on the top the number 020025. otherwise, the camera back have 2 pressures?! for what? it has also a flap on the back site?!
absolutely unknown.
military is safe, but where?
i have never seen a PO lens on a camera, only to movie cameras.
Vlad Posted - Aug 30 2008 : 2:49:36 PM
On the other thought the artillery one would've been camo, this looks a lot like other aerial camera finishes, maybe even made for in-cockpit pictures of a flight crew maybe.. why else wide lens? probably not for outside

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000