Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  9:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had anyone ever used Zenit 5 motor? I took mine apart, took off a bottom plate, and guess what? No batteries just empty sockets.. am I completely screwed?

Vlad

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  10:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, another question I guess: anyone know what would be the voltage on the rechargeable batteries used in the Zenit 5? I want to try to find regular batteries that may work with it... I really want to see that motor in action! :)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  11:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
> anyone know what would be the voltage on the rechargeable batteries used in the Zenit 5?

5 V (4x1.25 V).

See http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-battery.html

Edited by - Zoom on Sep 24 2007 11:31:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  11:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Thanks! So it does not mention the replacement for the Д-0.26.. I guess I'll have to go around and try to find something that matches that size...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  06:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

We all are waiting your new images in Photo Gallery ...

Regards,

Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  09:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean of Zenit 5 pictures?
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  11:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right, Vlad. I mean Zenit-5 pictures indeed
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  11:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will do as soon as I find these batteries in United States! :) It's quite a challenge. :)

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  12:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
You always have an alternative way to use this pretty camera, while it also works fine in manual mode

Good luck,

Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  12:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea but that's no fun! :) The emergency wind crank it very hard to turn manually... well maybe... :)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  3:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad be not desperate! In the bottom of the Zenit 5, there are a chrome cover. There you see the traditional tripod screw, an on-and-off knob for the batteries and a small socket for battery recharge.
This socket is a 3mm standard PC extension used for flash connection.
The original flat Ni-Cd batteries are nowadays difficult to obtain. My camera came with original "C" "Svetlana" batteries.
Suggestion: You can use standard rechargeable telephone cells, that are stronger than original ones (that is has more amperes per square inch- The voltage is the same). You may use four cells connecting two sets of double batteries of the small type and externally use them in series and connecting to the camera through the extension synchro flash cable. This is the first suggestion.
Second suggestion:
If you open the camera bottom you will find a plastic chassis used to carry the four original flat batteries.
Remove it- You will loose the original off-on switch.
Now, without the black plastic chassis, you have an ample space to put in the camera internal those small telephone batteries - Solder the two blocks- You will have four elements. In electronics warehouses you can find a small switch to be screwed in the metal bottom cover. Solder the wires correctly. You have now the camera ready for operation. You can also use the original recharging device coming with the camera. The real operating voltage is 4x 1.35V= 5.40V - No matter you use 6V for driving the camera.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  3:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Luiz!

I had opened the camera and have seen these sockets. But before I go to these extremes that you have described, there may 1.35V batteries here that may fit, maybe not snuggly but enough to power the camera... I really don't want to modify it this way it since it will destroy the historical value of this beautiful unit, as these are not very common.. I will search around this weekend in Radioshack stores here that sell batteries, maybe I will find something.

Thanks!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  3:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That way I suggest the external power supply via extension flash cord.
Those Ni-cad batteries were originally uses in German hand flashes such as Metz and Braun The demise of production of such types led to a short market supply.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  4:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All right, I'll give that a shot! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google