Located in
Still Cameras > GOMZ / LOMO / VOOMP - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto

USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Here is a camera from my collection which has not been seen by many, so I have added a long description of it to the catalog. Sorry it is so long.
Does anyone know for sure how many of these were made? The seller (in Moscow) who I bought this one from several years ago said he thought only 3 or 4, as far as he knows.
This camera is pictured in Princelles in the BeLOMO section (page 235) but it is by GOMZ!

Regards, Bill

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  8:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very impressive, Bill!

Is this me or this is a Zorki 10/11 with leathette? :)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  9:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,
This camera is probably closer to the SOKOL Automat or the rare Selena Automat. But, as you say it does have many similar features of the Zorki-10 & 11 and to DROOG and Voschod as well.

It seems that many cameras in USSR and other countries were looking like this in the 1960s and early 1970s. I can remember looking at this type of camera, but here in the US probably Japanese or Kodak versions, and wishing I could have one instead of my old fashioned Bolsey, which was my first camera and I loved a lot!

But what I really wanted was a Leica M2, which was given to me by my father and mother when I graduated from high school (my father was into photography and I don't think my mom knew how much he spent on it ;-)).

Regards, Bill

Edited by - nightphoto on Sep 26 2007 9:16:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  02:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot for this fantastic camera!

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google