Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  11:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

Can someone explain to me the advantage of having double bellow extension on the camera? I've been reading these books about Fotokors, etc, and it says this camera has double bellow extension, but I do not understand the significance of that.

Thanks,
Vlad
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  1:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

Double bellow extension allows focusing at very short distances.
But the depth of field is then very… short. (I mean VERY short !)

Sincerly,

Michel.

Edited by - Michel on Feb 15 2009 08:24:07 AM
Go to Top of Page
Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personally I think that "double bellows extension" is marketing crap! To have double bellows extension you must have single bellows extension to compare it to! Since they all have one standard length there is no such thing as double it is single!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  10:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your replies.. Well doesn't a Moskva have a single bellow extension and Fotokor has double? My vague understanding is that is can extend twice the normal length.. but in that case Fotokor runs out of rail so to say... So to do this close focusing on Fotokor for example you would need to extend the bellows all the way out I guess?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  11:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another use for double extension bellows is for using longer focal length lenses. For close up use you have to take into consider bellows factor in your exposre.

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google