Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka

USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  7:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read this on another forum today, and it is indeed on the show site at

http://foirephoto-bievre.com/index.php?page=accueil&lang=fr

It will be held one week later, on June 13/14

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  12:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is terrible news!!! I've got everything booked for my trip to be there on 6 and 7.... Will try to rebook everything ASAP... Is this a problem for anyone else?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  12:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May actually be better for me. And nothing booked yet, luckily I am one of the lazy ones who leave it to the last minutes...

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  3:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Vlad have told me this just few minute ago ... The bad news is I can't go to Bievres at 12-13th June ... the good thing is I can visit Ikskele (Latvia) fair on 7th June ... I'll do my best to change my schedule an to come to Bievre on 13-14th June. What do you think - is it the last date change this year?

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  3:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I certainly hope so! It just cost me $800 in penalty fees to change the air fare to the week after since I was already book on the flight for June 5th..... Damn elections and damn air lines!! I really hope you, Aidas, and everyone else can make it! Don't give up!!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  4:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh no ... $800 is a certain price for very very good and rare soviet camera indeed ... To say the truth I can't understand why European Parliament elections is the reason to change the date of our meeting indeed ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
828 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  4:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

$800 penalty fees?? They are crazy! Normally it would possible to change the flight without costs when it is so far in the future. I was able to change my flight to Australia 4 weeks before leaving without any costs. So try to speak to the airline or you booking agency. $800 ist robbery!

The change of the date is not good for me too. I am in the first two weeks in France, so I planned to visit on the weekend 6th/7th. But our flight to Germany goes back on the 14th at high noon from Toulouse so I don't know if I can visit Bievers.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  4:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,
I agree with you : damn european elections
Sorry for you.
Really.

Sincerly,
Michel.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  6:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ulrich, it's this Air Lingus airline.. the tickets were cheap but they were non-refundable.. I guess they get you on these change fees... It was about $530 change fees and the rest is difference for the airfare... spoke to both the agent and the airline, they cannot do anything ... so I paid it, have no other choice.. oh well, at least I'm going to Bievres so I'm happy about that! Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  6:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michel, thanks! I thought we were getting screwed by politicians only here in USA ... expected better from French...
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  07:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

European politicians, Vlad, not only the French ones!
The elections will take place at the same time in the 27 states of the community.
But of course, sorry for you. And not sure I will be free a week later...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques,

you can't miss this entertainment! If I rememeber correctly, I have promised you to assist you in choosing an early FED at Bievres this year
As I have said before, I'll do my best to be there. Yuriy Davidenko is ok with the new date, I'm sure Viktor Suglob will be ok too, so hoping to see all of you soon!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  4:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Aidas!
No problem to choose an early Fed (1b without clip), but problems only to find one at a decent price.
I would be grateful if you could do it for me even before Bièvres! (I miss a Red Flag too, but we will see that afterwards!...)

Of course, I will do my best to be at Bièvres, and not only for cameras...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  8:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh please everyone try to make it, there is still 5 month before the show I can't believe you can't reshuffle your schedule!! This is once in a lifetime opportunity to meet fellow collectors from all over the world! I do not even know when would be the next time I will venture out to Europe, and I'm sure it's the same with a lot of other attendees. So please do try to be there! I honestly could not care less about the photo-fair, I want to meet everyone who I've been talking to for past year and a half!

Vlad.

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  04:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear friends...
you know ...Europa politics rule are one thing...but french mind is another one (little bit different )
Europa contries are not United States country too

but in my mind, it is realistic to defer the Fair : this is a good indication about foreigners tradesmen success
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google