Collectors and Users Open Forum
 favourite
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
KatrinkaKatinka
2 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  05:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
which of your cameras are your favourites in usage? and why?
katharina

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  06:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ironically I have never shot a single film with a Smena nor Elikon, although they are my main interest...
Many favourites: Zenits 16 and KM and 212K, Almaz, Kievs 35A, 20, 15-TTL. Rangefinders Kiev-5 and Leningrad.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  07:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My favourite user is a Fed S 1c # 67xxx, even if there is no contrast in the rangefinder. I own other Ss, but it's the first FSU camera I bought some years ago now... And the 2/50mm lens is quite useful in poor lighted situations.
Delightful by night or in roman churches with a 1600 or 3200 ASA roll

Amitiés. Jacques.
PS: I use too my F1 and T90 Canons with a lot of FD lenses, but it's OT!
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  1:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kiev 2a : huge rangefinder base, great optics, quiet shutter. I recently bought a Zorki 4 an d I really like the viewfinder.

Best,
Jed
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry to say that, my favourite camera is Bessa-R with soviet lenses Jupiter-3 and Orion-15 indeed ... Waiting for an Industar-61 L lens from Juhani to test it together with my Jupiter-17! BTW yesterday I was lucky to obtain the Jupiter-8 from 1953 (my J-17 is the same year edition). Seems to be, that J-8 from 1953 is very uncommon to find indeed, what do you think?

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Almaz 103, Zenit 19, Yashica FX-3 for film cameras.

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses,some Zenit,Yashica,Pentax Bodies and a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  8:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I must say... in these categories as a user camera:

35mm SLR: Zenit-E
120mm SLR: Kiev 6C (220 film!!!)
Rangefinder: Drug and FED-S(only just because mine is tuned to perfection by Fedka, and I can't thank their repairman enough!)
And also Horizon 202 (for gorgeous panoramic shots!)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  9:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, KatrinkaKatrinka,

Usually I am using my digital cameras and not too often any Russian cameras. Sometimes I have used my TSVVS with good results.

But, I can tell you that my favorite Russian camera to use has not arrived to me yet ... but it will be the very special USSRPhoto.com Commemorative Fed-2 that I have ordered!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  03:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to be different :
AGAT 18 !

in fact : all former ussr cameras are favorites ...that's the reason I collect most of them
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also use my digital SLR the most time... developing the Raw files is more easy than developing a film.

But sometimes I put a roll in a Zorki 1 or Zorki 4 or use my Pentax 645 to get the feeling that I've had 30 years ago :-D

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  5:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smena 6, it's inexpensive an does a good job, as long as I don't forget to guess distance. I like mostly the unusual cameras ,ordered a Kiev 30 and am setting up the darkroom to do 16 mm miniature negs. I thought I was getting out of the darkroom but not now...

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google