Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  04:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello folks,

I have a somewhat different Moscow-5. It has an I-23 1:4.5 F=11cm lens made in 1954, while the camera body has a s/n of 59xxxxx. I'd like to know your opinions.

Cheers,

Zhang
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_8369.JPG

BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  04:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice camera but you know...it is so easy to change engraving color (refiled in wax or some acrylic paint...)
freindly,
Alain
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  04:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mermoz37

Nice camera but you know...it is so easy to change engraving color (refiled in wax or some acrylic paint...)
freindly,
Alain

It was not only for the colour of the logo. Its camera body is different from that of Moscow 2-5. Tha shape of the metal support is similar to that of a Moscow-1, and the lens could have come from a Moscow-4. I guess it was made with left-over parts, and that is why it has a red logo.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  7:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kievuser

quote:
Originally posted by mermoz37

freindly,
Alain

It was not only for the colour of the logo. Its camera body is different from that of Moscow 2-5. Tha shape of the metal support is similar to that of a Moscow-1, and the lens could have come from a Moscow-4. I guess it was made with left-over parts, and that is why it has a red logo.

This is what I mean. This chrome part are found only on Moscow 1,and sometimes Moscow 2 cameras that with a sheet metal body case. Now it is found on a Moscow-5's die-cast body. So I guess that the factory made this camera with left-over parts.

Kind regrards,

Zhang

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_8373.JPG

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google