Located in
Still Cameras > KMZ - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Peter
sushiwelldone

USA
2 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 13 2009 :  08:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit sushiwelldone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got an old Horizont on ebay with a great little commemorative plate on the back and everything seems to be working fine, except I can't get the rewind knob to pop up to rewind the film so I can really make sure its in good condition before I go to Japan in a few days. Is there some sort of trick that I am missing?

Thanks a lot!

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 13 2009 :  09:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Peter, welcome to USSRPhoto.com!

If I remember correctly you press and rotate then it pops.. if it does not happen it may be missing a spring... in this case maybe press, rotate then turn it upside down and shake it .. I'm intrigued by the commemorative plate on the back, would you mind posting picture of it?

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Peter
sushiwelldone
USA
2 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 14 2009 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit sushiwelldone's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/-1.jpg

There's the plate Vlad. Thanks for your input, but if that's for getting the film out, how do you go about rewinding the film?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well once you remove the viewfinder and rewind knob either pops out by pressing and slightly rotating it or just pressing slightly rotating and shaking it upside down ( so it comes out if the spring is missing) then you pull on the knob so it's halfway out (not all the way) and press the rewind release button on the bottom of the camera.. then just keep rotating the rewind knob in the direction of the arrow on it.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google