Located in
Still Cameras > Modified and Fantasy Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 14 2009 :  9:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So you guys think this is the same acid etching as on Bill's Zorki Jubilee?

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
My opinion is that the picture of Lenin is done by the same acid-etching process. Probably using a photo of a graphic or actual photograph of Lenin, probably originally in half-tone printing ... maybe from a magazine or or propaganda book or leaflet.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 15 2009 :  1:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill,

This is very interesting process, I am amazed at resulting level of detail.. quite nice!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - May 15 2009 :  1:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Vlad,
Probably made from a Fed 1c, so very interesting.
An interesting engraving too, for sure. But I regret the red paint...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 15 2009 :  3:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK Vlad Your Leninets camera was made in the same process. You can see that when the years go on the surface becomes dull, and become hard to see the fine deail. This should happen with Parkinson camera if the surface is not protected. Protection should be made with colorless Nitro-cellulose enamel. I have done so in a bronze lustre in my home in 1969 and it is absolutely perfect up to day. In 1989 I built a Daguerreotype camera replica
http://www.novacon.com.br/abopics.htm
Its emblem which was copy of the Michel's Auer original daguerreotype camera was done by the same (or similar) process. If you want I shall post new pictures of the camera that is still now in perfect condition. this technique provides beautiful results.
regards LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 15 2009 :  3:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOD! WOOOOOW!!!!!! That is incredible Luiz! what an amazing work! I'm a absolutely floored by the detail of this daguerreotype replica! so cool!..

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 16 2009 :  10:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Vlad I will send more detailed pictures next week.
Now I am lazy...
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google