Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
dee * [ adopted ] dowling
dee

United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - May 21 2009 :  11:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The advent of USSRP special Fed 2 , causes me to ponder the resale '' value '' of a camera , or anything for that matter , in respect of it's '' worth '' to the possessor.
Also maybe the problem of being a '' caretaker '' for a rare camera and being worried about damaging / abusing it .
OK , my twin Leica IIs 1st/2nd batch , are not that rare , but I am less concerned using my Fed 1 g matching black '' Leicas '' chrome neatly '' nickelised '' with champagne paint , and carefully Oleged ... also , if they wear a bit - I can touch them up !
I now have a Contax III , which I love , but my KNeB III is equally precious , and I there is none of that atmosphere of owners of so called classic cameras . I am certain that my Enigma III will be more of a joy to use 'cos it's my style ...both will '' cost '' about the same , one will have a similar resale value , the other will be practically '' worthless ''
Except to me .

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 22 2009 :  7:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Dee, I know Steve (Bull Halsey) can bring up an interesting story about the Kodak Brownie society that has released their own limited run of refurbished Kodak Brownies Millenium edition for $100.. I think last time it was on eBay it went for around $800? Steve correct me if I'm wrong. I am not sure this will happen with these camera, for once I am not planning to sell any of mine so it's hard to tell... plus there will be last 2 up for sale in about a week or so on eBay... so these are still available so I don't think they've yet had any appreciation in price .. and that wasn't really the point of these, but it would be an interesting thing to watch.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
dee
United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - May 23 2009 :  5:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad.

I will stick with my delicate blue Kievs for now - I have several Moscow photo special Zorki 1 and Zorki S - admittedly in fake Leica style .
Only two camera are right to my Autism - Lieca II and derivatives and Kiev .
The Fed 2 is probaly the best Leica styled camera , but I cannot connect to it .

dee
Go to Top of Page
dee
United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - May 27 2009 :  4:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I may be tempted to sell at $800 LOL !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google