Located in
Movie Equipment and Accessories > Movie Projectors

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  6:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OKYNEK!
This Luch 2 is a very interesting 8mm projector.
Its shape and overall design was picked from the German Weimar projector of the same era.
I enclosed more pictures of it. My projector is missing the red canopy over the pilot lamp your is missing the original sunhade over the lens. A peculiarity I have never seen is thar your projection lens is of Azov manufacture. All lenses I have ever seen are original LOMO ones.
I included the advetising leaflet where is told about CEL-1 Synchonizer. This synchonizer, I have one but I do not know where.
is put together the tape recorder for post development synchonizing.
Observe the left side of the projector. there is a black round octal connector. Removing it the projector becomes uncapable od torque.
There is connectedthe synchronizer that starts projector when the tape recorder begins. A neon flashlight with a switch adjust the image to the sound, through the stellar wheel near the objective.
the switch makes the projector go faster or slower up to the reach of the synchro. the film remains in equal cadence up to the end of the projection.
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  11:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Luiz for such interesting information!!! I had many questions about this projector and you answer them all!!! Thank you very much!! I though that black plastic mushroom on the left side is 220/127V switch, I did not have clue that it’s for sound synchronization. Also I did not pay attention that my projector made in Azov and your by LOMO. I do not believe that 2 production lines was working at the same time, most likely that your projector is original and then manufacture was transferred to peripheral. Interesting revelation.
Also would you Luiz save all this interesting information in Wiki. I believe it important enough to have it stored there.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  03:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as far as I remember ....(may be I say a mistake ?) the design of this projector as something to do whith Meopta projector , no ???
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz,

I have managed to find my SEL-1 Synchroniser and have just added it to the Wiki Catalog. I have put it in the 'Movie Cameras / Other' section. Perhaps we should have a section for 'Movie Projectors and Accessories'. What do you think, Vlad?

David.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi David,

great idea! I've added Movie Equipment and Accessories section to the catalog, please do change category request on entries that need to go there I will approve them.

Thanks!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I moved whatever projectors I've found to the new category... if you see any more do a category change request.

Thanks!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  6:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David and Okynek
Observe this Sel 1 synchronizer was also used together Russ projectors in the same way.
It is important to note that Luch 2 projectors were also remanufactured in England by TOE and they new could be used in both 8mm and super 8 When I was in England I saw those adaptations. They were made before the production of Russ Projectors and interestingly the sprocketed changeable wheell and metal frame where the film run were reused in the new Russ model.
LP
In the Sprachnik Fotolubiteliya 1962 edition there are both pictures of Luch(1) and Weimar projectors. They differ only in the coaxial film spools for the last one. it is also pictured an interesting extraordinary simple "Amator" Polish projector.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  8:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HEY PEOPLE!
THESE TWO SITES WILL SHOW YOU THE WEIMAR PROJECTOR and its similarity with Luch projector.
http://members.chello.nl/a.wichmann/weimar3.jpg
http://projcollect.ifrance.com/weimar.htm
Good luck!
LP
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  3:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Luiz for links and David for Sel 1 pictures!
I still trying to figured out how this synchronizer work with tape recorder and projector ??? Does it pulling reels on the tape recorder with certain speed at the certain times? Or what?
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  03:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the SEL-1 enables you to adjust the projector speed to synchronise with the sound from the tape-recorder. Any fluctuation in speed of the tape-recorder is detected by the spool on the top of the SEL-1 and the speed of the movie projector is compensated. As I cannot read the manual, I am guessing that this is how it operates. If I am wrong, I will be pleased to hear the correct version.

David.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello David and Okinek
The SEL-1 Synchonizer operates with four contact blades very similar to the ignition system in old cars with spark plug and bobbin.
The black octal plug in the projector shortens all the contacts so one can operate the projector speed through the built in rheostat. When the contact is opened two contacts in the projector and two contacts in the wheel of the synchro begin to operate. The circuit is so built in order to give a pace coming from the tape recorder. A calculated ballast resistor put the motor of the projector in the right speed. When the pace is out of phase Synch & Proj it goes quicker or slower acccording to which is the advanced phase, the projector or the synchronizer.
The lateral black stocked wheel on the prosejtor near the lens is an stroboscope which is illumitatd by the flashlight of the set. A switch on it controls momentaneously faster or slower to match image to sound.
The synchro has two wheels to be used for 9.5 or 19cm/s tape speeds (3 1/4 & 7 1/2 inches per second) standard tape speeds.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google