Located in
Photo Equipment & Accessories > Foreign Accessories for Soviet cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  11:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Les,

do you have bigger pictures of this housing or one from inside so maybe we can identify what it's for based on the placement of controls inside? From first glance it does not look to be Soviet design to me just by its lines, knobs and handles... but you never know.. any more pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Vlad
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  12:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Les: Yes the valve stem is for raising pressure to help prevent leaking. I have a housing with the same, it was made for older 35mm cameras, As for the weight that is minimal under-water. These were made for one or two models of cameras. Mine has a blank plug in the side which could be replace with a waterproof operating lever. Yours looks like it has been used since most levers are added. Does yours have a neoprene or rubber seal on the back. I doubt if parts are still available for mine unless I use another manufactures such as Ikelite inc. What you can do is see what levers mate with what camera body, if you have some. The newer Ikelite housings don't come with a pressure valve stem. They are good to about a 100ft. Most divers use Nikonos or Ikelite using for slr. As Vlad says can you give us some other shots so we can see what it lines up with. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  10:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This underwater housing seems to be an "Aquaphot" from France! They produced underwater housings for Zenits around 1970s.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  5:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it could be this model, you can see here :(OK, not exactly the same…)
http://frogmanmuseum.free.fr/

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/772009_photomarine2-4.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  3:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since this is an offtopic piece then should it be removed from Wiki?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  8:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As there was once made a German Omnica case for Zenit, and French Aquaphot underwater housing for zenit and Zorki, and 28 and 135mm British Techno separated finders for Zorki/FED & Kievs, and Mepro Japanese lenses in outfit with zenit bodies, I suggest a new entry: Foreign accessories for Russian cameras.
Regards.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  8:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.S.
None of these items are wiki filed.... and there are much more to come...
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  10:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, great idea as always! I've created a category in Photo Accessories section and moved the enclosure in there..

Thanks!
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  4:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great! Great! Vlad.
I will try to find old catalogs and place some interesting items.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  6:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another view of the same case can be seen at:
http://www.camerasdownunder.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=17&pos=17
There is identified the British manufacturer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google