Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  3:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

my newest babe is a really nice Zenit 3M with the 50 years stamping on the top. It looks and works like new. On the bottom plate is an engraving, can anyone translate this to me?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  9:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ulrich,

it just lists 6 last names (Aronsy, Stepukhovich, Figulin, Zolotarev, Shulmester, Chaikovskiy) then says city of Saratov 7.6.1968.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  03:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Superb Camera Ulrich, and in such good condition too. Congratulations I'm sure everybody is very envious I know I am!

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenits, an Almaz 103 a few Yashica,and finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

it just lists 6 last names (Aronsy, Stepukhovich, Figulin, Zolotarev, Shulmester, Chaikovskiy) then says city of Saratov 7.6.1968.

Arons[es] (spouses),
Stepukhovich[es] (spouses),
Figlin[s] (spouses),
Zolotaryev (man),
Shulmester (man),
Tchaikovsky (man).
Date: 7 July 1968...

My surmise that they were a students, may be: the Saratov State University (don't ask me why I think so :), and a 6 cameras has been signed in commemoration of a graduation of this University...
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Zoom,

yes that seems to be a good reason for the engravings. So it's nice to have such a 50 years camera with the engraved names :-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google