New Cameras
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Carter59
United Kingdom
19 Posts
Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  3:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oh dear .... this Russian camera bug is really bad.

I just bought a Zenit 3M & a Zarya off ebay

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  3:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tell me about it! You should see my office - cameras are slowly moving in and Vlad is slowly moving out.

Just got a commemorative Zenit 3M as well from eBay! It has Kremlin, cruiser Aurora and a rocket on it with inscription 1917-1967. (50 years of Soviet regime). Special thanks to nightphoto for pointing that one out for me!

Zarya is a very nice camera if you learn the trick of focusing it properly. I-26 lens is nice. Maybe use a Blik rangefinder or some other rangefinder with it, unless you have good eye-measure skills.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Carter59
United Kingdom
19 Posts
Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Just got a commemorative Zenit 3M as well from eBay! It has Kremlin, cruiser Aurora and a rocket on it with inscription 1917-1967. (50 years of Soviet regime). Special thanks to nightphoto for pointing that one out for me!"

I bid on one of those a while ago .... they must be very collectable because it quickly went beyond my pocket

Whatever .... plain vanilla is still tasty
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  4:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It wasn't THAT bad price-wise:

Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120172222269&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google