Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
dee * [ adopted ] dowling
dee

United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  2:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am given to understand , by the guys who made them , that the Contax / Kiev self timer is integral with the shutter mech , which makes sense considering there was no option on this luxury machine ... I wanted one with s/t stripped out - but it seems impossible .
Can anyone advise ?
dee

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  3:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello dee,

as I know it is not a problem to remove the self timer from a Kiev so that it works after removing it. I have seen several of them with a broken self timer and the shutter works well.

You have to disassemble the Kiev, remove the shutter, remove the leather on the front where the s/t is located, remove there some screws and then you can detach it from the housing (there is one screw that holds is from the bottom that must be removed too).

The mechanism of the s/t is only mechanical, there is a lever that will be pressed by the s/t spring and releases the shutter.
So a Kiev/Contax should work without the self timer.

But you have to fill the hole in the front because of light that comes through it otherwise.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google