Located in
Member Articles & Blogs > Equipment with Factory Errors

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
811 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  1:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's interesting. I also own such a camera now (with the Zorki C reengraved to Zorki 2C). The engraving looks nearly the same. An interesting point is that mine has a serial number that is close to that one in wiki, my also starts with 5999. So could it be that they did not have any top plates for the Zorki 2C anymore and were reengraving existing Zorki C top plates?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  8:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ulrich,
I think your guess is a good one ... using up older parts. Or, maybe some completed Zorki-C cameras were left over in 1959 and so they were re-engraved with the "2C" over the original "C" and the added 1/30th synch speed added. It would be a good way to produce more cameras to meet a quota in a given time period.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  9:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"to meet a quota" seem to be a reasonable explanation. Often Soviet manufactures did not have enough parts to finish monthly requests (or quote), so they had to improvise.
It could also be "upgrade" by small repair shop(s). Possibly even legally authorized upgrades. The only way to find out is to open camera and check hole for synch connector. KMZ most likely use punch and local shop drill.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google