Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Kirill Yegoshin
SnuSmu

Russia
18 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  1:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear friends,

I have just managed to get my hands on an original Chaika camera in decent condition, except for one disturbing flaw: the sign has worn off. Would it be too much to ask for any of you who have this camera, to provide me with dimensions of the sign on the front plate? what do you think of repainting it? What corrections would I have to make if I took measurements from a picture?
Kirill Yegoshin
SnuSmu
Russia
18 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  1:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I can always take a proportion of camera dimentions to the sign dimensions.... never mind about measuments then. Question about ethics of it is still up.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  1:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kirill!

It is 35mm X 5mm logo. Here is it for reference:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/392009_chaika.jpg

Cheers,
Vlad

Go to Top of Page
Kirill Yegoshin
SnuSmu
Russia
18 Posts
Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  01:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Спасибо огромное :) Надеюсь, за occasional russian здесь не банят?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Пожалуйста! Удачи в проекте!

Банить не буду, понимаю что иногда на русском легче смысл передать, но так как сайт англоязычный то просьба какой-то перевод или даже суммирование тоже выкладывать на английском, все таки большенство не понимает русский. Даже перевод через Google сойдет. Знаю что это будет выглядеть странно но просто как бы из уважения к иноязычным. Спасибо!

You're welcome, question was whether posts in Russian are going to be banned, I'm saying you can post in Russian as long as you also post translation afterwards in English, at least a summary of what you said or even a Google translation will do, just out of respect to the majority of members here are English-speaking and this is primarily an English resource.

Best regards,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  2:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ethics-wise, my personal opinion is - I don't think this camera is extremely rare or valuable - if you are just "restoring" the original sign - exactly by these guidelines I myself would probably have nothing against that.. I probably would though when it comes to FED-1a or 1b, maybe Kievs of pre-1953 era or so and some other pre-war pieces... Chaika?.. I wouldn't be too broken hearted about it .. I know Bill Parkinson will probably disagree with me on that hehehehe..

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google