Located in
Still Cameras > Made for Russian Market

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was searching the web in English and Russian sites for any reference to this camera and every time I would find information about it - this camera would be referred as "Russian"... no mention of Chinese manufacture.. it makes me wonder...

Also I have found some for sale classified ad in Russian (I was trying to look for it again and I could not find it for some reason, should've bookmarked it) that was called "Plastic Russian cameras for sale" and it listed this Euroshop camera, Vilia, Smena and .. Vzglyad (<-- what the heck is that??? anyone heard of it?)...

Cheers,
Vlad

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  1:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Quite similar Chinese cameras were also sold (or given free with something else) here in Finland with many names, I think that anyone who bought eg 1.000 of them could have their own "name label", instruction sheet and box. So if there is/was a company called Euroshop in Russia then this was made for them, with Russian manual and box.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  3:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I doubt that these are of Russian manufacture because "EuroShop 2000" was a small company (just one or two people) who were based in Italy. So, I don't think it would make sense for them to export cameras from Russia in order to then sell them to Russians from Italy. I just suspect that they are Chinese, but maybe from Korea or some other place. I think Juhani is correct about anyone who bought a shipment could have anything they wanted on them.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  4:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't really have any doubts about the Chinese origin of this camera it's just odd that all references say "Russian" ..

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  9:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably say "Russian" in the references because the box and instructions are in Russian ... but I doubt that if Russian made, the box and instructions would be in Russian, but with English writing on the camera. No doubt the camera was made with export, or at least sales to the American and English market.

But, Chinese is just a guess! Someone needs to buy one and examine to see if it has a country of manufacture!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1972 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  09:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course this camera is of Chinese manufacture.
Now we have also Chinese Matrioshkas made with the same kind of wood and very similar paintings although with crude finishings
LP
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  4:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you can get such camera on eBay (where else)
http://cgi.ebay.com/euroSHOP-2000-ART-CAMERA-focus-free-russian-35mm-camera_W0QQitemZ400072725021QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFilm_Cameras?hash=item5d2631521d&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

And unfortunately (or may be fortunately) Russian Matrioshka has it origin in China, kind like Leica-Fed only with Russian flavor and 1000 years history. And you are right Luiz, to be funny Chinees now imitating Matrioshka, which is imitation of Chanees nesting dolls .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google