Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  04:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Would be appreciated to know more about this uncommon lens for spy camera. Visually looks like standard 2.8/28, but with different characteristics indeed. Thanks in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/31122009_DSC04442rsz.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/31122009_DSC04438rsz.jpg

Best Regards,
Aidas

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  5:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Aidas and Happy New Year to you my friend!

I don't know of this lens specifically, however one thing I have noticed over the years amy be of help in identifying it.

I have seen that most often when the "N" in the serial number has the two little right angle lines (serifs) at either end of the letter, that this is a bit unusual and seems to appear on optics (mostly lenses) from Kazan / KOMZ. You can see this in a photo of a Jupiter-11 lens (bottom left photo, page 248, of Princelle) and also the serial number on the back of the lens-attachment for the ZOLA (upper left photo, page 198, Princelle). This lens attachment for ZOLA was probably made at KOMZ, although it is not marked with a logo, and of course KOMZ had close links with KMZ during USSR days, so probably they made it for KGB ... special order.

So, maybe the origin of this lens is KOMZ!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  1:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill, very interesting observation! This GOI reflex housing has the same serif N.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Goi-Reflex-housing-Lens-Goi-4-5-30cm-f-Fotosnaiper-Fed_W0QQitemZ350300273707QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item518f85fc2b#ht_5443wt_1165

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  2:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

Yes, and so do other military cameras and equipment, so it may not be factory specific, but more a military way of making the "N".

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  03:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Aidas

It looks like it's not a lens for the Ajax-12/F-21, because of the three
screws. The Ajax-12/F-21 use to have four of them. But maybe this could
be a tele lens for the earlier Ajax 9 (see "1200 cameras", page 590)
with three screws around the lens.

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  10:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends and thank you for your observations!

Bill, your thought about KOMZ sounds quite possible, why not?.

Guido, if the lens has date prefix in its serial number (it seems like this indeed ...), my lens is too late for Ajax-9 camera. I did already notice a different number of screws, but it should mean nothing since the lens has screw mount ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google