Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Martin Smith
martinsmith99

United Kingdom
20 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  1:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit martinsmith99's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a few FSU pieces of equipment from Zenits, FED2, Jupiters, Industars and Jupiters. I won a Zenit E off of the auction site which I was after for the Indutar 61L/Z lens. It arrived today all in great condition. However, the case looked very different to the usual cases that I have had on other Zenits. It's plastic, made in West Germany and has Zenit in English only stamped on the front. I mentioned this on another forum and they suggest I ask here in case someone knows more about the case.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  3:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Cosmorex-Zenit had a similar case, those were intended for US-markets.
All German Quelle-housebrand Revue-Zenits that I have had had a softer leatherette case.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin my Prinzflex 500 has what appears to be an identical case as you know but with pale blue felt and Prinzflex on the front, as I said to you I have never seen one like this with Zenit on but Juhani also has one like it. It looks to me like a big batch of these cases were made in West Germany for export Zenits and used for Prinzflex in the UK and Cosmorex branded Zenits in the US, maybe others too. In any case it looks to be quite an unusual and quite rare case and well worth hanging on to[:)
]
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1112010__G106978_lzn.jpg

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenits, an Almaz 103 a few Yashica,and finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  5:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The shown cases are German ones. Zenit normally were sold with two types of original cases: the de Luxe for export with metal trim and the standard with all leather. That last one looked very ugly and would not be see with kind eyes.
So the German importer decided to use this type of case which was very cheap and was the same used on Edixa cameras and up to Icarex in its down days! Here in Brazil it will be common to see also some Chinese cases and Brazilian ones.
Regards for all
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google