Located in
Still Cameras > KMZ - Zenit

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK

United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  10:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having just looked at the KMZ Science & Technology Centre website, I was interested to see that according to their production figures only one FS-5 was made and that was in 1988. As you will see from my entry in the Wiki Catalog, mine has the serial number 87001, which suggests that it was made in 1987. The photos of the FS-5 that I have seen in publications and on line do not appear to be the set that I own. I would be very interested to hear from anyone else that has an FS-5, and to know in what year it was made. It seems very unlikely to me that KMZ would made a special carrying case if they were only going to make a single outfit.

David

(http://www.rcccuk.com)

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  06:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2122010_fs5.jpg

One at least in Finland, no idea of serial number as it is my friends (Aidas: guess who...).

Best regards,
Juhani

Edited by - cedricfan on Feb 21 2010 06:20:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  3:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Juhani,

I probably know the name of this guy indeed ...

But it's a great pity to remember - just 4 or 5 years ago I had an oppurtunity to buy FS-5 on eBay, but I was too stupid enough and did not this ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  7:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RCCCUK

Having just looked at the KMZ Science & Technology Centre website, I was interested to see that according to their production figures only one FS-5 was made and that was in 1988.

Yes. Officially only one was made. All others were an "pre-seria" cameras or an experimantal ones.
This project was closed because it had no success. Not Zenit-automat was planned for a base of FS-5, but Zenit-20 line cameras (with an AF system, btw)...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google