Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  11:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So as many of you know I try to gradually shoot most of the cameras in my collection. Some take an effort to use, some are tricky, some make you hands bleed and some are just weird...

And after using all these rangefinders, scale cameras, automatic cameras, weird old cameras, I have came to this conclusion: you know what is the most usable camera - that is the easiest one to use with minimal effort and work required? A lot of you will probably close your browser windows when I will say..... Zenit E!! Yes, you heard right. Now I know why it's the most produced camera!

1. You always get focused picture because it's an SLR, no worries about misaligned rangefinder
2. You get very nice lens, Helios are great in my opionion
3. You HAVE light meter, unlike earlier models
4. You DO NOT NEED to change the battery for lightmeter like on later models
5. Bright, big viewfinder
6. Perfect weight balance in your hands
7. Fast and easy film loading and access

Basically no matter how you screw it up, you pretty much always get decent results if you follow the most basic guidelines.

Vlad

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a Zenit E image that I took on a color Kodak 200 that was 3 years past expiration date (not refrigerated)..
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  1:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would add Smena to this list. Instead of the light meter it has symbols:) sun, cloudy, ... You do not need really focus it most of the times :) and no needs to read manuals easer. Just start shooing.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  1:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
umm... maybe the Simvol with a normal film advance.. possibly 8m....old ones are too much hassle with no film rewind..

I'm considering the factors of easy of use...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  2:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's why I would add Smena. You do not need to rewind, you put 2 cassettes.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the problem comes in when you have to load these cassettes manually in the dark room instead of using single use ones :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google