Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jeff Watanabe
Sangetsu

Japan
16 Posts
Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  07:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This week I found two more interesting Zorki cameras. First off, I found another FED-1948-Zorki at the same shop I found the last one. This one looks a little more worse-for-wear than the one I already have, but is otherwise similar, also with a 1/1000th top shutter speed. I plan to pick it up next weekend.

Also found was a Zorki 3 which I haven't seen before. This particular Zorki seems to have an extended slow-speed knob on the front of the camera, about twice as long as the knob I've seen on other Zorki cameras. I'm not sure if this is an unusual feature or not, perhaps someone here can tell me.

This shop I found the cameras in seems to have acquired a collection of old FSU gear from the widow or ex-wife (from what I can understand, my Japanese is not very good) of an old collector. The cameras are cheap enough, so I plan to buy whatever interesting things they bring out.
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  1:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Jeff,

It seems you have found a gold-mine. In case you have too much Fed-Zorki-s, don't hesitate...

About the Zorki 3, the long nosed slow speed knob is not common. Only on early cameras, if I am not wrong. Perhaps you have the serial number? Which lens? These cameras (from 1950 to 1955) are really interesting as they have numerous variations.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Jeff Watanabe
Sangetsu
Japan
16 Posts
Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked up the second FED-1948-Zorki today. Unfortunately, someone else beat me to the Zorki 3. Anyway, the '48 Zorki is serial #02795. Externally this camera is not as nice as the last one I bought, but internally it is in better shape. Someone thoughtfully installed new shutter curtains in the recent past, and the shutter speeds seem accurate. I'll post a picture or two tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google