Located in
Still Cameras > GOMZ / LOMO / VOOMP - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  7:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone seen this camera before? Any thoughts?

Vlad

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I have not seen it, but it looks to be authentic as far as I can tell. The serial number of 7721 is low compared to most Fotokor models. It appears to have features of several of the models from 1930 - 1933 according to the 1200 Soviet Cameras book.

Maybe the 35mm conversion mask is what makes this camera a "TURIST" as the user can be using both film formats while traveling around the USSR or in Europe. Very nice!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  7:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill, I tend to agree, I just put it into contested cameras just to be 100% sure and get opinions first. The viewfinder is extremely interesting so is the brass finish but that may have been just "restoration" of taking of paint.. It's quite interesting that the name "Turist" is used later by GOMZ on the clap camera...

I will move it to GOMZ section if there are no objections.

Thanks,

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google