Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
811 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A very odd thing arrived today... A Komsomolets (seems to be the 2. version) with a Compur shutter made by Deckel with 2 Zeiss lenses (Tessar 3,5 f=7,5cm). The lenses are original (I have removed the front lens and inside there is the same number without the first digit on both lenses) and it's an original Compur shutter.

There is no name plate, the housing for the viewfinder is higher than the original one. It has the Leningrad name pressed in on the bottom of the body.

Very strange. The lens numbers start with 27, so they seem to be made in the late fourties when the first versions of the Komsomolets ae made.

So what could this be? A prototype or a well made thing by a good tinkerer? I will provide some pictures the next days.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  10:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very interesting! waiting for photos! .
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
811 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  1:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

here a 2 pictures. Maybe somebody can now help to identify this odd camera :-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  6:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fascinating work! To be honest my opinion is judging by that large screw on the front that it's a custom handmade piece.. someone must've wanted to build a super-case using a Komsomolets body...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google