Kalimar beast
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  10:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is this beast from ???
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1950s-Photo-Eaze-Kalimar-Flash-Display_W0QQitemZ250187120309QQihZ015QQcategoryZ12QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  11:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What the heck? It's a Zenit E mounted with 2 flashes? Weeeird.. I would guess for some kind of ID taking?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  11:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Auction says it built in NY. Probably only camera is Russian.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  11:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well Kalimar is technically American company based in NY, they were importing Zenits and rebranding them. So yes, I would not imagine it was built in Russia.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  11:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really funny system. And specially if this Soviet camera was used as Vlad say for top secret US military ID taking
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  11:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL, I did not say top secret, probably was set up in some drug store... unfortunately beyond the camera there isn't anything Russian looking it, especially the flash units.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  07:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
People
Go to http://www.novacon.com.br/odditycameras/welti.htm
there is a similar camera. Pictures were offered by Les Newcomer still when IDCC member. Those types of cameras were used by dentists, and used common cameras available on the market. This one, object of present discussion, probably is an old unit that received a new camera.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  10:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for the link! Indid it solved the mistery. I can only wonder is any place left there this Zenits did not go yet?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  12:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The moon ;)
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  1:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IIRC the Kiev-10 series went to space?

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  9:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
Zenit 5 with Rubin 1 went to the Moon and took pictures!
It was known as the first camera to reach the moon, and have the pictures returned. This said "Atemsa" the Italian distributor in 1967 in its advertising of "La Foto Ottica Soviettica" catalogue putting an enourmous Zenit 6 with Rubin lens in the portfoglio.
Also said that a Zenit with Telemar 22 took the first photo of the unknown side of the Moon (1963). Is it true?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  11:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
huh! Didn't know that! Did they have one of those space monkeys with it to change the film and zoom? . Why would you need a variable length lens on a space craft? Who would zoom it?
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  06:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i read , in the past, in a French Photo Revue magazine (may be i still have this article in my bibliothek) it was a Zenit which took the first pictures of the other side of the moon... but they not mentionned about telemar 22...in my opinion it was better amiror lense ...but where is the true ?
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  09:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

Also said that a Zenit with Telemar 22 took the first photo of the unknown side of the Moon (1963). Is it true?

It is true, but not so simple... ;)
See
http://www.zenitcamera.com/archive/history/shpachinsky-we-were-the-first.html
and
http://www.zenitcamera.com/newspaper/patriot-2007-07-02-p16.pdf

Year was 1959.
Luna-3.
Camera name was AFA-E1 (E1 == Enisey-1, the Moon mission name, the first stage)
Lenses: Telemar-22 (200/5.6) and MTO-500 (500/8).

About "Zenit 5 with Rubin 1" (may be Zenit-6?) I don't understand...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google