Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Kiev SLR

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  7:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David,

thank you for posting this camera into the catalog, I've never seen such version before. I wonder how many were made, any information can be found on it elsewhere? I'll search the internet for some info as well. Quite intriguing.

Vlad

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  7:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmm.. apparently they're freely available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Kiev-88-C-same-Kiev-88-cm-Kiev-88CM-MLU-/170570012664#vi-desc
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  04:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

I believe that this version was only produced at the end of 2003 and during 2004. I don't think that the production quantities were large, but they are now freely available due to the fact that I would imagine that they are not particularly popular. (Why buy a camera that is designed to have interchangable film magazines, without this particular advantage?) I suppose it is possible that the Arsenal factory decided to use up old stock in this way in order to clear the shelves. Originally they sold for only a quarter of the price of a Kiev-88CM body + film magazine.

David.
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  2:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This model Kiev is similar to the Bronica ETR-C of the late 70's. While Bronica manufactured their primary model, the ETR with interchangeable magazines, they also made the ETR-C with added inserts you could place in the fixed "magazine holder".

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google