Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK

United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  05:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just added a second Kiev-90 to my collection, and I have noticed that there appear to be two versions. Possibly the change happened after the gap in manufacturing (1985-1987). I guess that the ones that I will call 'Type 1' were manufactured between 1983 and 1985, and 'Type 2' between 1987 and 1990. Perhaps those of you with Kiev-90s could check to see if this hypothesis is correct.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2932011_K-90s.jpg

In the photographs above, the earlier camera (1985), Type 1 is on the left and the Type 2 camera (1988), is on the right. On the type 1, the leatherette covering goes almost to the bottom of the camera. The Manual/Electronic switch is different, and the button for releasing the hood is further forward on the earlier model. Note, the film magazines also differ slightly.

David.
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  05:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While on the subject of Kiev-90s, has anyone ever seen a Kiev-90 that was manufactured in 1989 or 1990? Also, there is a pentaprism shown in a 1990 Arsenal catalogue that is different from the usual one that has the tube type eyepiece. It appears to have a lower profile and a extends to the back of the camera. Does anyone own this model?

David.
Go to Top of Page
levonsa
levonsa
Russia
248 Posts
Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  10:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello David, very interesting Topic, thanks a lot! I can only confirm, that my early Kiev-90 No.8500007 is identical with early yours ... and what a number :). We were discussing your Topic with Aidas and his late Kiev (1988) is identical to your late camera as well. Best regards, Alexey
Go to Top of Page
levonsa
levonsa
Russia
248 Posts
Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  12:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David I am sorry! I did not want to change your photo. I would like to add one more photo. But it did not correctly :(((. Sorry!
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  02:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alexey,
Many thanks for your additions to my photographs. It is now a lot clearer. Although the film advance crank appears to be further back on the earlier model, this is not the case.
Best wishes,

David.

Edited by - RCCCUK on Mar 31 2011 08:26:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google