Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Russian World Camera proposal
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  8:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if anybody was reading "Zenit Camera Group" forum lately? Unfortunately ZCG, as I believe, killed great proposition to
take one camera and run it though whole word from one member to another to make one camera circle whole Word and visit many countries! Well they are more camera users and can just post pictures. They do not have to sent camera. We, on the other hands, camera collectors. We, I believe, looking for unique cameras. So would it be a good idea to send let say Zenit E or Smena 8M or any other Soviet camera to members of USSRPhoto (of cause if they like to participate!) all over the Word and create one of a kind camera what visited every continent and many countries. And on the end we
can donate this camera and pictures it made to Victor Suglob museum?
I agreed to contribute to buy a camera. As e-mail me Vlad Smena 8M can be a good candidate. It light, durable, still available "New" on eBay, it making good(?) pictures, and it was truly camera for people "NARODNUY FOTOAPPARAT".
What do you think?

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  9:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm willing to donate my Smena 8m for that purpose and a roll of film, but maybe I'll customize it first, like paint it crazy colors and brand it USSRPhoto.com .. this way it'll be unique... if enough people agree to participate I can proceed.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  04:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like your idea and ready to participate! Only 8M is not the proper camera to engrave all the countries it visited worldwide ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  10:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you propose?
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  10:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess Fed-2 would be ok?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google