Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  10:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got some horrible news this evening for the ones who knew him: One of our most respected members, a really good personal friend of mine, avid collector of Soviet cameras and President of Chicago Photographic Collectors Society, a father and a husband, Steven Berkowitz (aka Bull Halsey on our forum) had passed away this morning. It was very unexpected and came as terrible shock. Steve was one of the kindest people I knew, a great mentor and a good friend. My thoughts and condolences go out to his wife Marji and children.
Colin
urban-wombat
Australia
71 Posts
Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  03:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I realize Steven was an active member of this forum way before I started collecting and posting comment about Russian cameras. Vlad please accept my sympathy for the grief you are experiencing for the loss of your on-line friend Colin

Edited by - urban-wombat on Sep 18 2011 03:16:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  05:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My condolences- he was a very decent guy, with a lot of knowledge.

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenits, an Almaz 103 a few Yashica,and finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  06:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I did not know personally Steven, but we exchanged regularly through the forum...
All my sympathy to his wife, his children and his close friends.

Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  10:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your sympathy, I will make sure to pass it on to his wife at the funeral,

Colin, he was actually a good friend of mine offline, he was the president of Chicago Photographic Collectors Society of which I am a board member.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  10:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm very sad to hear the news of our friend passing. Steve was a good friend of mine, although we never met in person. I will miss him very much. My condolences to you Vlad and please pass them on to his family as well.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  10:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Horrible news indeed! My thoughts and condolences to Steven's family.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very bad news! My thoughts and condolences are with Stevens family.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google