Greetings of a new member
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
papyrazzi
Belgium
5 Posts
Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never easy to speak over itself and more when you're using a language who's not yours... Indeed, I have many problems with these hot stones that I have to keep in my mouth to speak the language of Shakespeare with the proper accent. This wonder so much effort and concentration that I still can not write properly in English. So my apologies if I happen not to write or explain correctly.

At the occasion of the purchase of a particular digital camera, I decided to purchase some Russian lenses that I heard or read the praise here and there, to finally try them and have my own opinion.
Obviously, left to myself and having no knowledge of Russian equipment, I quickly lost in that wonderfull jungle.
After many readings, I tried my luck and bought a few lenses that are commonly found. Some in M42 mount, some others in M39 as I could also try them on my Leica M3 (with appropriate adapter ring).
Some I like a lot, others less.
But since my first purchase, an insidious virus has installed in me and I can not help to go every day to make a "quick tour of the russian market" to see what might interest me. Even today I bought a small Jupiter 3 of 1984 (Valdai). I would rather buy the ZK Zorki I had found, but I had the unpleasant conviction that it was unfortunately a fake. For this reason, moreover, a reference person invited me to register with you promises me you'll learn me a lot.
Obviously, I have not (yet) the middle of a collector. But I always try to know exactly what I buy and am passionate about the origin of my equipment.
Tonight or tomorrow I will buy my first camera of Russian origin.
Without any experience, but after an initial filtering, I will have to decide between a Fed-3 or a Zorki-4. But the balance tips strong towards Zorki for now. I still think for a while.
I do not feel enough "expert" to buy older models, but I know it will come... thanks of you.

New user of Russian photographic material. But I care of me !

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  8:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings! Welcome to the forum, papyrazzi!
Go to Top of Page
papyrazzi
Belgium
5 Posts
Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  8:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you find many good Russian cameras and lenses!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
papyrazzi
Belgium
5 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  06:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,
I try,indeed.
I'm still watching and analyzing several offers to buy 2 different pieces (Fed-2 or 3 + Zorki-4 or Zorki-5) but there is such variety in the equipment that I do not really go out.
I also don't know yet to determine what type of device is the best issue regarding their use, robustness, quality, etc. ... Pffff!
If I had an expert near me, I had already decided !

Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi papyrazzi,
wellcome to the crazy world of russian photo equipment !
Don't stop with you experiments with russian lenses. I still use almost all my 42mm russian lenses with the digi Canon 30D and the results are unbelivable good!

Keep it up!

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2580 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  09:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome in that world of maniacs, papyrazzi!
About your question "which camera is the best to shoot?" As for me, it's the one I use. Now, a Fed S...

My question is rather "which camera is the best to collect?" The one I don't own!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
papyrazzi
Belgium
5 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  11:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Réponse que j'aurais donnée également, Jacques et... merci pour l'accueil.

Answers from Jacques are very reasonnable... "the one I use;... the one I want"!
The one I use... I already have a lot of camera's, digital or no (MF, 35mm, APSC, compact) and use them all!
I just now wanted to taste these camera's who are invade my nights and dreams these last weeks.
The one I want... I've bought today a nice Zorki 4 + Industar-61-L/D (nieuw piece). I think, tomorrow it will be a Zorki C + a collapsile Fed 50 + another collapsile Industar 22 (type PT5860) + an Industar 26-M (type PT4320).
But... there is also a nice Fed-2 who does all he can to seduce me. And I must confess it has a very eye appealing! How long should I resist?

Thanks for your welcome Alexander. You're wright, there is so an infinite diversity in Russian photographic material that you feel totally lost in an unknown crazy world ! Th'at's the reason I also have bought a detailed "map" to recover the right path: Jean-Loup Princelle's reference book.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google