Located in
Still Cameras > Modified and Fantasy Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  7:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz,

are you sure this is a factory model?

I thought Arsenal never did different color leather?

Vlad.
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  7:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Factory camera number begins with 77xxxxx Only thing I know. The leather grain is also correct for the vintage. But everything can be faked.
Sad to think or say ... But the proudely exhibited "Kiev Millioni" being on sale... should it herald the end of Kiev Factory?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  11:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks very suspicious to me.. It seem way too "fancy" for arsenal to release in 1977... I would like to hear more opinions, if it's not a factory piece I will move it to the modified section..

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think this camera is an authentic commemorative made by Arsenal. Arsenal is not known to use colored covering and the covering is fitted quite badly as well (see beneath self-timer). Also they would not put a 3-dimensional badge where the finger will scrape it during focusing.

It is the work of a private party or forger, in my opinion.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... and the anniversary labelings "1917-1977" were originally used on comemorative version of Lomo-135 BC camera, but no way on Kiev-4 ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  1:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  3:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great find Aidas! -Elementary my dear Watson.....
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  10:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And so it goes to the modified section, nice camera though Thank you for all your help in identifying the origin.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  10:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But one has to give it to them - people actually knew that 60th anniversary occurred in 1977. This tells me that the makers of this Kiev are at least middle-aged men (sorry for being sexist, but I can't imagine Russian women producing embellished cameras).

For those who care - the 90th anniversary was quietly celebrated earlier this month.

It is somewhat sad, but young Russians do not know much about the Great October Revolution.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google