Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Henk Mantel
Jo Lund

Germany
25 Posts
Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  01:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to you all,

I donŽt know where,in which thread, to put this question I have. Sorry.

I acquired a rather maltreated Fotokor. (nr.65507) Since the focusing screen was missing I made one myself. So far so good. What I would like to know which side of the screen has to face forward, in the direction of the lens I mean. Furthermore years ago there was a discussion about several types of fotokor cameras on this forum.
One of the photos shown depicted a man with a camera. It might not be of interest to someone collecting cameras, but I think I have seen the picture before. I could be terribly wrong but the man in the picture could be the famous Dutch photographer Joris Ivens.
I am just being curious. But it would be nice to know if I am wrong or not. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks a lot

Henk

Jay Javier
ZorkiKat
Philippines
18 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit ZorkiKat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Henk, the rough side of the screen should face the lens. When you focus, you should be looking at the glossy side. The original screen on my Fotokor also broke, and I replaced it with a DIY screen, ordinary glass with one of the sides finely ground with grinding grit. One easy procedure to make a substitute is to use a stick-on translucent film on the glass. This stick on film is used to make window and door glass "private" by making it non-see through, but still let light in.
]
Go to Top of Page
Henk Mantel
Jo Lund
Germany
25 Posts
Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jay,

Thank you for your reply, ok IŽll mount the screen as you advised.
I made the screen myself using valve grinding paste that obviously had been waiting for this occasion for over twenty years in the shed.
Thanks again.

Henk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google