Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kris Lockyear
womble

United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  1:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. I finally tried out my Five Year USSRphoto camera. I ran a whole roll of Kodak BW400CN film through it in a single day. The images are terrible. There is something seriously wrong with the focusing. Pictures where I have focused close up have the actual point of focus several feet away. Pictures at or close to infinity have almost nothing (or absolutely nothing!) in focus. Below are four images from the roll.

I guess the first thing to do is try another roll with a different lens? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Kris.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  1:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems like your rangefinder is not calibrated
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  2:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guessed as much. Is this an easy job, or something I am going to have to send it off to have done?

Thanks, Kris.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See here:
http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page422.htm

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  03:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Henk Mantel
Jo Lund
Germany
25 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  02:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I´ve got a similar problem with a FED 1.
All pictures taken with the proper fed lens are out of focus. The photos taken with a 2,8/5 cm Industar 26 all pretty sharp.
It might not be a maladjusted rangefinder after all.
good luck
Henk

HM
Go to Top of Page
Niko80
Austria
174 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  6:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's not the Rangefinder then probably the lens is not calibrated to the camera (or vice versa).
http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page433.htm

But this should only be the case with prewar FEDs that don't have standard 28,8 mm register.
I had this issue with my FED-S and the FED 28mm f/4.5 lens which would not focus at infinity. After having Camera and all lenses calibrated by Oleg it works perfectly now.

Hope it's just your rangefinder, that's quite easy to adjust.

Good Luck,
Christian
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  3:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll try a few shots with my Industar-26m and then load the film into something else. With a bit of luck it is just the rangefinder.

Bit peeved that the anniversary camera should look so pretty but not be actually functional as a camera. Has anyone else tried theirs yet?

Best wishes, K.
Go to Top of Page
PremOutshine
India
2 Posts
Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  07:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some time, I face the same problem. I try to click but the photo turns out to be blurred. It's my mistake or the camera's?? How can I figure out that? ( No, I don't make movements while clicking)
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  08:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would at least try adjusting the rangefinder first by using the link above to see if it's the issue if your camera is FED or Zorki. It's the most common problem usually.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google