Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  5:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
at http://lippisches-kameramuseum.de/Verschiedene_Hersteller/Rollfilm_Faltkamera.htm
One can see a 6x9 rollfilm folding camera presumible from 1926
Curiously the unamed shutter CLEARLY seems to be one version of the GOMZ camra made after Vario type. The front pannel seems to come from the old Komsomoletz Could that be a LOST LINK? a TRANSITION model or a home made construction? Shutter thread are standartized and the no-name lens can be a rescued rear element of any camera
Who can solve the problem?
LP
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  6:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Observe the shutter speeds dial a typical Russian engraving!
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  7:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz,

this is quite an interesting find,with good timing as I am currently restoring an old Komsomolets right now. The shutter seems a lot like ARFO shutter actually but with different lens, the mount no so much... the Komsomolets vertical stand on which lens resides is more straight, this one is shaped like a spoon and the 2 release nuts for the lens carriage are more like on larger format ARFO-2 and 2A.. I agree, a lot of commonalities though!
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  3:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz,
it seems for me to be an old German Talbot camera with Vero shutter (engraving is also typical for Vero), these cameras were very popular in early 20s.
It is a very good question, why the shutter is unnamed ???!!! Anyway I don't think, that this shutter has russian origin.

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google