Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Kiev SLR

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  4:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where is the serial # on this one??
There a paper sticker inside the slot for the film cassette that says 155725 but I though the first 2 digits need to be year?

Vlad
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

...but I though the first 2 digits need to be year?

It was not the standard. Simply usual practice, not more.
Numbering was defined by the designer* in the product documentation.

*) -- The "designer" in sense "the technical developer", instead of the "art-designer" (in the Russia "konstruktor" and "desayner" are different trades and words, but in English -- one word: "designer" ;).
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Zoom, what's interesting is that the Kiev 19 has year prefix but 19M has a small paper sticker inside the camera.. how odd is that! 19M has much more plastic parts as well, so maybe paper sticker is a next logical step.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  12:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just read my archives: Both mine that I have had did have the yearcode, as I have written 1995 & 1996 in my list. It is also possible that I have used lens serial if that one has "yearcode"?

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  02:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just read my records. Both my Kiev-19M cameras have no date prefixes in theirs serials, and both come with paper stickers indeed ...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about lens, I haven't got any 19M's any more to check from? Or did mine have passports with data...

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,
You are absolutely right. Kiev-19M camera came with Arsat-H 50mm lens. To look at my case first lens was made in 1995, and second one - in 1996.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  07:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And propably original lenses as possibility from getting mixed from another 19M is not big!
Case solved & closed?

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  08:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was lucky to buy one with original papers ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google