Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Henk Mantel
Jo Lund

Germany
25 Posts
Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  4:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to you all,

First of all I have to thank Vlad for allowing me to ask you all for your attention and cooperation.

The Light Farm is presenting internet tutorial workshops on emulsion making.
The Light Farm is a non commercial cooperative based in Oregon, USA, dedicated to keep the silver gelatin process alive.
The more people know how to make these photo emulsions the longer these techniques of old will survive.
The whole world over there are of course differences in notation of temperatures, measurements, weights and availability of chemicals needed to make these emulsions.
To make the tutorials more accessible to non-Americans I am preparing conversion tables and am compiling a per country list of photo chemicals suppliers.
Of course, I have been searching the internet but without local knowledge and the handicap of not speaking "all" languages I ask for your support.
I have two questions:
Are chemicals like silver nitrate and potassium chloride freely available in your countries? And also, do you know of any firms that supply these chemicals?

I would be very grateful for any answer that enables me to complete this list of suppliers.

Kind regards,
Henk

PS my first pictures taken with my Fotokors and FK 13x18 using homemade emulsions will of course be published on the forum.
h
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google