Start SLR camera - lenses
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Fredstarter
Germany
12 Posts
Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  09:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear friends of USSR built camera! I apologize for the following crazy idea: The START SLR camera (I just have bought one, it's on the way to me) has only one lens specially designed for it, the Helios 44 with automatic diaphragm. Would it be possible to take, let us say, a MIR 1 wide angle and to modify it the same way, i.e. making a base with automatic diaphragm for it? I think this would be an easy task for the many gifted technicians in the countries of the former USSR. Or am I too naive? Thanks for your answers and all the best to you all: Your new member Fredstarter

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  09:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, if you want a macro lens, or you have a thick wallet.
There already is an adapter for use of M39-lenses, but with manual aperture. There simply is no room to make a mechanism from outside of lens into inside of mount. Unless you do the adapter thick enough, which makes the lens to macro.
Putting the system onto an existing lens would mean a lot of work when done afterwards. Most likely you would also need one extra Start lens for parts. And this work to every single lens, not as an adapter to be used on several lenses.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1983 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  05:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An wonderful adaptation made in an Helios 44 M~7 was made mantaining automatic functions and correctly operating in astart camera I saw recently. I will sonn post the pictures.

Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google