Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kris Lockyear
womble

United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  08:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi.

I managed to pick up a Soviet turret finder for my FED2 at a sensible price. Unfortunately, it is so loose it just falls straight out of the accessory shoe! Should there be some sort of spring clip to hold it in place?

Thanks, Kris.
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Chris!

I have the same problem with a Fed S.
I have tried a piece of Felt (feutrine in French): a sort of soft material in auto sticking version. It exists in several colours, but I suppose it's not the problem!

It works perfectly.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  3:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The universal finder comes with spring and without spring unter the bottom, newer one are missing the spring.

If it sits too loose you can also make the accessory shoe a bit tighter. The shoe material is soft, with a little plier you can bend it carefully.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  04:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. My wife has some felt so I'll go down that route as it seems like an easy option.

Best wishes, Kris.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google