Located in
Still Cameras > FED 2

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  3:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I've received my FED 2 Preseries today #000200... but..it's GREEN!! Did anyone know they made these colored?? It's exactly same color as my regular GREEN FED 2B, so it definitely looks like factory paint..

Vlad.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  4:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All right, nevermind, I guess the auction description did say the camera was repainted... I just wasn't paying attention... but that's ok!
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  7:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In any case this is a great camera. Just imagine you are holding camera made in first production run!!! Many people put they sweat and blood to make it happens. It probably was a lot of cheers and greetings and celebrations when this cameras was revealed. Stalin and hardship seem to be gone. Khrushchev promised bright future. People still believe in Communism. And first not Leika copy of Leika was produced !!! Just catch the time!!!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh I'm not disapointed at all, especially for the price I paid for it. Serial #000200!!! I wouldn't care if it was orange!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your early and rare FED-2 pre-series Vlad. Nice number too ... exactly 200 !

You can probably take the green paint off easily enough if you ever wanted to. Acetone mixed with other chemical (mineral spirits, turpentine, or alcohol, etc.) will make a good paint remover. You just have to test small areas of the surface to see what will work. Once you find a good combination, just work slowly and carefully on small areas. Of course you will discover the areas that have wear and show metal as the paint is removed, but then you can touch those up with black, or just leave the wear showing which is what I prefer to do. ... Or, you can just leave it green, as it is.

Either way it is a beautiful camera.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill!

I may consider doing that time permitting... lovingly restore it . I just did it to Vesna 2, I got it painted green, and I repainted it back to black .

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  11:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I have been wondering what should be the real type A model.There are quite a number of cameras with the same release lever as the pre-series. Everything is the same as a preseries except a round rangefinder window. I think at least about 15,000 cameras were made with s/n from 000xxx to 023335(my example). What is your opinions?

Regards

Zhang
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These are commonly referred to as either "second preseries" or "Preseries-Crossover".. these are not actually "A" cameras.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad. So these are also valuable preseries cameras. I have two.:-)

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

These are commonly referred to as either "second preseries" or "Preseries-Crossover".. these are not actually "A" cameras.

Vlad

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  1:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just for info..i get the "james bond"'s camera fed, pré serie: # 000007 !
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  5:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain, is it any different from the rest of them? Sometimes the very early ones have something different.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google