Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
August Bernard
Namur 78

Belgium
16 Posts
Posted - May 26 2013 :  5:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I bought a Fotosnaiper FS-12 with Praktica MTL5, but I’m not able to connect the Snaiper to the camera.

There is a cable coming from the Fotosnaiper with a kind of bayonet-end (Hub ???) like on the annexed photo, but attention on this photo it is not the Praktica, but the Zenit 12s.

Can You help me to resolve this problem? Maybe a special piece is missing.

PENTACON GmbH Dresden wrote me, that they do not know more the I.

Thank’s,

Gr.

Aug. BERNARD
22, rue des Cygnes
B-5650 Yves-Gomezée
mail to : august.bernard@skynet.be

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2652013_FOTOSNAIPER 2.docx

Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - May 26 2013 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to my knowledge, the direct connection only works with some Zenith who have a special plug for the photosniper trigger. So you need to transform the system to use with a normal distant trigger.

Stephan
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - May 27 2013 :  02:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lead from the Tair-3S lens plugs into a socket on the baseplate of some models of the Zenit camera produced for use in the Photosniper kit. It allows the camera metering system to compensate for the Tair-3S telephoto lens.

David.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 27 2013 :  11:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the base plate of Zenit 12s and subsequent series there are a small cyllinder in the camera bottom with an inlet.
In the PhS Tair there is a small cord and a plug that electrically connects to the camara in order to operate exposure meter at open aperture.
Obeserve that model 12s has internal galvamometer and 12xps ,122s, have electronic exposure meters (that operates with LED photo diodes).
Although lenses are identical from the outside, the internal resistor array in the lens internal (one for each aperture and a potenciometer for adj) are completely different in each series.
MTL5 have completely different electrical layouts , although similar in working effects, and more, Shutter release are doing in different ways relese in all Zenit cameras are done from the bottom.
When alive, EWA the Russian distributor in Holland prepaired a different and so called Univeral Photosniper which had no ectrical contacts, no bottom release instead there was a cable release for operating several cameras and the rear ring of Tair wer furnished in Nikon Pentax K and obviously M42 they were called "A" adapter.That way you cannot utilize the total features of the original lens
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google