Located in
Still Cameras > Non-Russian Communist Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  7:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, stupid question - there are no Chinese markings on this camera, how do you know it is Chinese made?

Vlad

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  7:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Maybe some writing on the bottom of the back, that say "open" - "close" for the little back-lock dials ? ... the only place on F-21 with Russian, I think.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  10:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Shanghai 1503 model camera made by Nr.832 factory in early 1980's. I have seen this camera for sale with original packing box and document. It is a bit smaller than Russian F-21.(77x29x59mm) and weighs 185g.This is a very rare Chinese camera.

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Luiz, stupid question - there are no Chinese markings on this camera, how do you know it is Chinese made?

Vlad

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Zhang, just out of curiosity, is there an equivalent of Princelle for Chinese cameras?
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

No such a thing yet. Some Chinese sites posted some rare Chinese cameras and lenses.There is a book for cameras only, no lenses, and is incomplete.

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Zhang, just out of curiosity, is there an equivalent of Princelle for Chinese cameras?

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
There is a book by Douglas St. Denny called "Cameras of The Peoples Republic of China" which you can sometimes buy on Ebay or elswhere on the web. It is good and has 142 pages with many black and white photos of the Chinese cameras. Although not comprehensive by any means, it pictures and describes over 75 cameras and is what many who collect the cameras use. I have a copy of it and find that it helps to identify most of the things I see on ebay. As Zhang said, it does not cover all the lenses, just the basic one that comes with the camera. But it is good and very interesting!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  01:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

I was referring to a 350 pages Chinese book written in recent years with far more cameras than St Denny's. It is not publicly issued. I quoted some cameras and posted on another site. St Denny's maybe the only English book on Chinese cameras.

Kind Regards,

Zhang

Edited by - Kievuser on Dec 09 2007 01:39:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  09:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I may pick it up if I see it!
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i possess this 350 p. book as you said dear "kievuser" ..more complete than D.St D's book ...unfortunatly wrote only in Chineses characters !!!
(and a chinese friend told me there are some mistakes in)

very interesting whith more than 900 pictures.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  05:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very surprised! You must have some Chinese collector friends who helped you.
It does not list cine equipment either. I have some very rare cine items that I posted on another site.

It would be far more difficult to write a complete book about Chinese photographic cameras.If you are in need for some translation, please let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by mermoz37

i possess this 350 p. book as you said dear "kievuser" ..more complete than D.St D's book ...unfortunatly wrote only in Chineses characters !!!
(and a chinese friend told me there are some mistakes in)

very interesting whith more than 900 pictures.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google