Error engravings
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  09:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Perhaps we could try to put in this thread all the "error engravings" we find...

I begin with this interesting Zorki 1c.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160932162112&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_9370wt_1117

The last digit in excess... Unless somebody has another explanation?

Jacques.
Lenny
496 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  11:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacques M.

I begin with this interesting Zorki 1c.
The last digit in excess... Unless somebody has another explanation?

I don't think this one is interesting, it doesn't look like the original "1". The last digit is much lower, I guess someone add it later, and this dealer "wwaph" is famous for fakes if you ask me.

Sometimes I think about how they numbered these cams in the factory, it could be a reason for many errors if not made accurately. But on this Zorki-1 the first 6 normal digits are all in line and with the same space between. There are other cams where it seems each number is stamped separately, with the result of different space between and different hight in position.

By the way, we had a same thread in the past, I remember a Fed without the last 2 letters and an I-50 with f=3 instead of 3.5
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  2:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Everybody has seen -or can see- that the last "1" is not on the line!

Anyway, thanks.
And thanks too to recall the Fed 2a of Alain, with the two last letters missing.

But really, you could think of a fake? I would understand for a NKAP, a Fed-KMZ or even a Fed-Zorki. But for a Zorki 1c...

Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Lenny
496 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

But really, you could think of a fake? I would understand for a NKAP, a Fed-KMZ or even a Fed-Zorki. But for a Zorki 1c...

No, this 1c seems pretty much original, only the I-50 doesnt match and the later added "1" which everybody can see out off line makes this Zorki worthless for me.
If I buy a Zorki I want an authentic one, it doesn't matter much to me if it has much wear, what matters to me is new painted vulcanite and that is what "wwaph" is often doing and this 1c is painted too. I don't need that, there are many dealers out there who do this and more. So if I read wwaph I'm on alarm.
Go to Top of Page
Lenny
496 Posts
Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  06:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this I-50 another factory error?
Would be interesting if someone has the same I-50 in the database just with 7-digits instead of only 6.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/30122014_56010516.JPG

Go to Top of Page
Lenny
496 Posts
Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  06:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe some faker start low to learn the skills?
How about this Zorki-1 #37784, just sold on ebay 191456713623. It seems at the end another 4 was added to the serial number.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/30122014_Zorki-1 37784.JPG

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google