Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  04:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I did not find this 2x teleconverter on M Princelle's book, so I think it is worth mentioning. According to the s/ns, a few thousand lenses were made by an unknown factory, but one hardly see one for sale.
The Zorki-4K is also a bit unusual. It has an engraved speed dial. I believe it left the factory this way as I have more than one of these. So I post an image FYI.

It is free for you to download. I may delete it from another hosting site later.

Cheers,

Zhang

Edited by - Kievuser on Dec 10 2007 05:00:55 AM
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  04:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I want to add that the 28mm F2 cine prime beside it is also a strange item. It has no factory logo, and the aperture ring only stops down to F8? The aperture stop can be fixed with a screw on the front ring that is not shown on the picture.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  09:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if you have more pictures for both lens and TK? So, this TK was designed for RF cameras? It probably came with viewfinder or may be with eye piece? Did you try to shoot pictures with it? Can it be for special use like for medicine or for micro or for copy documents?
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  11:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello okynek,

I will take a few more pictures of both lenses. Yes, it is rangefinder coupled, and good for I-50,I-61,J-9,J-11, but not for J-8,J-3. Marc James Small has such a lens, He has used it, and got good results.It has no dedicated view finders. I have tried it on a DLSR with excellent results for macro shots.

quote:
Originally posted by okynek

I wonder if you have more pictures for both lens and TK? So, this TK was designed for RF cameras? It probably came with viewfinder or may be with eye piece? Did you try to shoot pictures with it? Can it be for special use like for medicine or for micro or for copy documents?

Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  11:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kievuser

According to the s/ns, a few thousand lenses were made by an unknown factory...

Why "unknown"?
See http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-logos.html
and you'll find it ;)
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  11:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, So it is Kharkov? Not exactly the same, but I guess it's another design. Any idea about the 28mm F2 lens?

[/quote]
Why "unknown"?
See http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-logos.html
and you'll find it ;)
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  10:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another image of this mysterious 28/2 35mm cine lens.

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  7:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This teleconverter is made by "Tochpribor" of Ukraine But pay attention this teleconverter works properly only on Industar lenses (22,26,50 and 61) Wit Jupiter 3 and 8, Does not focus to infinity
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  7:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TK 2 D means Tele Konverter 2X Dalnomernii (range finder)
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  04:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Luiz,

Do you have any idea how many of these were made? They seem to be quite rare. But from their s/n, at least a few thoudands were made. Where are they hiding?

quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

TK 2 D means Tele Konverter 2X Dalnomernii (range finder)

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  6:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those tele converters were made around end of years 70 begining of 80 and are quite commom for the Zenit range. The FED/Zorki types are rare but still could be found ("D" types). Make an order to photoshops in Russia and they can arrange one for you. If I am right, "DVD" has this item in stock. Yuri of Fedka also can arrange one for you.
Regards.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  11:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My TK-2 teleconverter has extension ring. So I can use it with Zenit and with Zorki.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  5:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will be able to use TK2 with tube Only using original Zenit objectives with no rangefinder focusing ability. Original Zorki lenses will give no focus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google