Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz

Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  5:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/FED-Nr-00025-/171190770870?pt=DE_Alte_Kameras&hash=item27dbc3dcb6

I suppose it's a fake ;-) but why make a fake that doesn't look like what it's supposed to fake.

It looks like it's not painted or blackchromed....

if it was cheaper I would have bought it (for fun)

Stephan
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  5:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Rare-Metal-BLACK-FED-1-NKVD-USSR-1939-1941-35mm-RF-camera-with-FED-3-5-50-lens-/390568741576?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item5aefb60ac8

this one is bizarre too ... unchromed or original ?

Stephan
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  07:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stephan

About the first one, as you say there is nothing to fake... So, it cannot be a fake! Just a fantasy camera.

The second one is more interesting with the remark about the magnet. I have just tried on some of my Fed 1. Generally, the magnet does not adhere, except on a "no name" Fed 1. And it's the first time I see a black Fed 1NKVD which could be true.

But the price is discouraging.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  2:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but what is the logo on the first one, does it make any sense ? and what type fed is it.... may it's not a fake after all, but a small batch of prototype of some sort (would be coherent with the numbering) ? who knows ?

for the second one, it's surprising because it's indeed magnet reacting metal... but why... difficult to make, stupid to fake...

Stephan
Go to Top of Page
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  2:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
may be it's the body that would match with the strange S lens you have ;-)

Stephan
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  3:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

For the fist Fed, the logo is obviously the Fed's one.
Inside: the three letters in cyrillic: GPU. Ha ha...

The second would be more interesting. Alas, too expensive for me. So, I will never know if it fits my strange 2/50 Fed lens!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Niko80
Austria
174 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  07:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Jacques said - the first one is not even a fake, it's a fantasy camera like so many other FED conversions on ebay. I guess there is a market for especially "soviet looking" cameras that have KGB, GPU, or communist logos engraved on them.

The black magnetic FED has been around for a while, I put it in the wiki some time ago.
http://ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=98&ParentID=1&ContentID=962&Item=FED+1d
However I see no reason why it should be genuine, we have no documentation of black FED1'd' (maybe some black FED1'a' are genuine but that's another story). As the black paint could be applied at any time there is no way to verify it's originality.

About the magnetic features I'll write a seperate topic, might be interesting but it is definately not limited to this camera. I my opinion thhis is a normal FED1'd' that has been painted black (with some skill I have to admit) and that has a FED1'e' base plate.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  08:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A pleasure to see you back, Christian!

No official Fed NKVD was ever made in black. But a special order is always possible, originally made or after.

I cannot exactly see the details of this camera (my eyes), but I even wonder if it's not black chrome. In that case, of course it would not be original.

I wait for your topic about magnetic features with interest.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Dec 17 2013 08:34:34 AM
Go to Top of Page
Niko80
Austria
174 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  08:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jacques!
Was I ever gone?
Been abroad for some weeks but I kept monitoring the forum and adding some serials.
Topic on magnetic plates is online:
http://ussrphoto.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2489

Regards,
Christian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google