Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  08:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All,

please sign the petition to Minister of Justice of Ukraine to drop the charges against our friend Alex Komarov for possessing an F-21 camera in his collection! Your help is really needed! The court is now in session!

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/justice-minister-of-the-ukraine-olena-lukash-please-delete-the-charges-against-alex-komarov-for-owning-vintage-cameras

Thank you!
Vlad

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  08:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also please help spread the word for this!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  1:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An update: a judge had asked for a witness from Ukrainian customs, the court had been again delayed until mid February.. seems like it's going to be a long process.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  9:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder how functional the government in Ukraine now. Does not look promising.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  2:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So far the case is not being dropped, this is Uzhgorod we're talking about..
Go to Top of Page

Stefan Dimitrov
NIKONOVICH
Fyro Macedonia
6 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  03:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit NIKONOVICH's Homepage  Click to see NIKONOVICH's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I support the petition. I just cannot undertand the law sometimes..People collect much dangerous stuff, and they are allowed to do that, only in Ukraine something like this can happen

ЗЕНИТ ВПЕРЕД!
Go to Top of Page

Robert Vonk
Fotohuis
Netherlands
100 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 24 2014 :  1:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fotohuis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ukraine, daily on the news in Holland. Indeed you can ask if the court and juges and the whole Ukrainian government will be functional in the coming weeks or months.

It is a better idea to sent some people of the old government, including the president with a single trip to Den Haag (Den Hague) for the int. court!

Robert
"De enige beperking in je fotografie ben je zelf"
http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotohuisrovo/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 24 2014 :  2:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well if Ukraine splits onto East and West then technically the court will be in different country, so they will have to extradite him..
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  02:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not heard from Alex since the 1st June and his Ebay sales sight has been closed. I believe that the court case has been postponed due to the trouble in Eastern Ukraine. Has anyone heard from him? Perhaps he has moved out of Donetsk, although that wouldn't explain why I have had no reply to my recent email to him.

David.
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  1:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,
s.thread http://ussrphoto.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2577

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page

Robert Vonk
Fotohuis
Netherlands
100 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  1:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fotohuis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is pretty bad in Donetsk en direct environment. I could not get in contact with him last months but internet connections are not working there anymore After the crash of MH-17 half July 2014 the situation got only worse.

Robert
"De enige beperking in je fotografie ben je zelf"
http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotohuisrovo/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  09:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got in touch with Alex, Donetsk is under siege (or basically captured) by Russians on one side and Ukrainians on the other, seems like Ukraine is ready to give up on Donetsk region and sectioning itself off.. there's fighting and shooting inside the city, crime is rampant. He was robbed on the street, a bus line that he took somewhere had a bus in front of him bombed..

Alex is basically ignoring the summons to court by Ukrainian authority against him because he physically cannot travel accross the country/war zone with all the instability. He is still trading on eBay, but soemtimes packages get delayed but do come through, some people are understanding, some complain and he is forced to refund the money. It's hard to get any kind of cash from the accounts since it is getting hit by about 16% fee on top of all the ebay/paypal fees.. he said that the good news are that he is alive and well.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Milo Schekkerman
Valkir1987
Netherlands
195 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  1:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Valkir1987's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have received a small package from him last week. It was clearly openen and sealed again by the rebels or authorities, but they left the content intact. I was very glad I received it despite the conditions.

Dear Vlad,

If you speak Alexander again. Wish him the very best from me! I really really hope for better times out there, without war.

Best Wishes,

Milo Schekkerman

Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  03:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

I got in touch with Alex, Donetsk is under siege (or basically captured) by Russians on one side and Ukrainians on the other...

Sorry, but no Russian army in Ukraine. Do not confuse the Russians and the Russian army (Russian Federation).
I have to say that this is a very strange war, but this is a civil war... In point of fact: Nazis (central government) against the Anti-Nazis ("separatists")...
It is not the best time of life, business, and the rule of law.

Edited by - Zoom on Feb 03 2015 03:48:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  09:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Zoom, I was once again merely relaying Alex's words verbatim, no personal views stated or intended..

I have a proposal for everyone - let's leave the politics to politicians and concentrate on great achievements of Soviet photographic industry and rich history of Soviet and post-Soviet optico-mechanical marvels in this forum.

Best regards,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  11:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

I was once again merely relaying Alex's words verbatim...

Sorry, Vlad, but I do not see the citation.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  10:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Zoom, for your posts on both forum topics concerning Alex. May be not be as simple as you say (Neo-Nazi against Anti-Nazi) but there seems to be much truth to that, as well. Your posts have made me look further into the facts of this tragic situation, than just what the Western media presents. My best to Alex and I hope for a quick and equitable peace for the region.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  10:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zoom
Sorry, Vlad, but I do not see the citation.

I apologize, I was typing from a phone and omitted the proper grammar.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google