Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  08:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
4th February dates the Foundation of LOMO

It is told an interesting story in six parts which I worked on
with aid of several people. Among all those, listed in the book introduction, the feasability was done of course by Vlad. THE GREAT MENTOR of this site who reunited the greatest brains of the Memory of the Soviet Union camera industry. Aidas Pikotas THE GREAT COLLECTOR/ CLASSIFICATOR/RESEARCER of all cameras from the SOVIET UNION. Georgy Abramov Who HONESTRY and PAINSTAKING WORK tries to demosntrate the conquests of the Glorious days of Soviet Union. Viktor Suglob Through its Works in 1200 Cameras from USSR. and a quantity of contributors. I thought that no other title could be put in the book. Slava LOMO represent the Glory days of the past.
In the last volume some projects of my own based on LOMO standards.

http://ussrphoto.com/wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=50&ParentID=49&ContentID=1596&Item=Slava+LOMO+part1

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1712014_capa lomo2.png

Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  08:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the next few days all chapters wil be completed in PDF form
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  09:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz. oh wow! I am flattered, thank you very much, although I'm not sure I deserve it, the only thing I've really contributed here mostly were my programming skills . I cannot wait to see your work!!

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  09:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, do you think we can consolidate these 6 parts into a single entry for easier reading? I can help with that if it's ok with you.

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  10:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now everything is ready!
You can download and print or transfer to your e book
I was always afraid about the 2M limits for archives
but I tried up to 14 M and everything worked oK

Be delighted! You Vlad and other members.

There were something about 10 years colecting data,
3 month organizing and one month on final arrangement

I will open a particular page for the new book, following Pikota's suggestions and I think to include his marvelous just finished work.
I believe he will aprove the idea. His book is written in Russian but na English translation will amaze everyone.

On time:
You are in a true hurry Vlad, once you answered before the finish of my Works

As one can see I made a 1st issue I accept suggestions to better the overall work
Thanks in advance
regards to all
LP

Ps I will also prepare a detailed page of my spheric telescope.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  10:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course you can consolidate all parts
but I made them in parts and there are links for previous and next parts
LP
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  09:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hats off for your researches, Luiz!
And thanks for their publication. For everybody's profit...

Amitiés.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  11:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, I've consolidates the entry just for ease of linking, I want to post it to facebook/twitter blog. Here's the new link:

I only had time to briefly look at the files, really great material, I will read it in depth! Thank you for your hard work on this!

http://ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=50&ParentID=49&ContentID=1602&Item=LOMO%3A+100+Years+of+Glory%2E+Book+by+Luiz+Paracampo

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  07:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe it will interesting for LOMO and for Lomography to know and make known all this work.

Specially Lomography who edit low priced books on several of their cameras, should pehaps print also this matter, and spread their interest in selling their stuff.

Who of you can help in doing this work reaching both companies and also help in perfecting our common work?

My thanks in advance
LP
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  02:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Luiz,

first of all I would like to congratulate you on your new book! Happy to know, that my beloved LOMO is still popular worldwide. I have read parts of your book twice - great materials, though a lot of mistakes and inaccuracies unfortunately. If you don't mind, I'd like to announce very few things, that I don't really like on your book. You have reposted a huge amount of the camera's pictures taken from other related websites, but I can't see any credit or link to the particular source. I can't be sure for other authors, but I have found dozens of camera pictures from my website www.SovietCams.com in your material indeed. I'm always open to share freely my knowledge (and the pictures) with other collectors, but in the next time please - ask me before reposting. The second thing I don't really like its so called "fantasy cameras", found on your LOMO camera list. I don't really think, that these homemade pieces, like "Molnija", "Compacta-2", etc. should be legalized widely ...

On 17th February the LOMO factory is celebrating its 100th Birthday and very few soviet camera collectors (including my modest person) are invited to participate in commemorative evening. I can only promise to bring your book to LOMO and make them even more happy ... :)

Thanks for your work!

Best regards,
Aidas

P.S. BTW my Family name is Pikiotas, just for case ... :)
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  11:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Pikotas
Great thanks for your words.
It will be well received all the corrections you can suggest.
You are of course the great manager in this work.
I sent my thanks to you in the begining of the book and not only yuor but several other pictures put there are linked to the original web sites. It is only needed to click in them.
I am anxious awaiting for your book with inedit photos of some unseen câmeras.
My best from Rio de Janeiro
LP
PS I have no words in thanking you for the showing of the book to LOMO personnel. As the party will be taken on February 17Th I believe that the inacuracies should be repaired If you send such materials in able time.
For the while, this book will remain in the virtual form.
Smena Molnya was not a home made câmera once it was an effort of three firms in Brazil (which I modestly commanded)in order to produce a new item (see history at the final of the book)
Go to Top of Page
levonsa
levonsa
Russia
248 Posts
Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  02:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Louise hello!
I looked at your work. As a representative of Russia remaining very unhappy with the quality of information!
In Russia it is euphemistically called " Diary of a Madman " !
If you want to dedicate the work of 100 - anniversary of the LOMO factory , then why use something that the plant has no relation ?
The best that you have shown in this work , it is a huge picture of the statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro! Apparently this topic more familiar to you than the topic LOMO !
By the way you can not even write the name of his right as a collector. Pikotas - wrong - Pikiotas correctly.
All the best to you and further improvements!

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  08:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Levon
Send me all the corrections and I will do them.

Errors and mistakes exist in all publications, even the most famous of them. For this reason I published my work before the glorious 100 years date, trying to recieve contributions from the members, in order to enlarge and the LOMO's Glory.
Do that In order your observations should be acepted by every member!
best Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  02:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Luiz,

As an avid collector, a compendium of information is always extremely welcome. I shall enjoy reading it all and adding to my limited knowledge of GOMZ/LOMO. Many thanks.

David.
Go to Top of Page
levonsa
levonsa
Russia
248 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  03:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louis!
We are not talking about 2-3 errors that must be corrected, it is necessary to correct half of your work! However, we must admit that you have worked well and collected a lot of material! Now it is necessary to remove excess material, but David liked. Maybe then you should not do anything?
Ask Pikotas even better Aidas Pikiotas help ......
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  06:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks David. I only point out your excessive modesty. No doubt about your avidness in collecting Russian stuff but I gathered much inormation in the era of your site.
As I am thinking in doing a future "Photographic Technology" site, you are invited to reborn all previous information you gathered.
This is intended to run as soon as it will be ready my three books, almost 250 pages each, "Photography 2300 Years" where were gathered all historical researches since IVth century b.C.,description of all alternative methods and details of câmera construction including digital stuff.

Levonsa, I am now awaiting your correction in half of my work.
According to my point of view, the excess of material was already cut and futhermore I felt myself too much superficial in several of LOMO activities.
For instance, I did not include weapons at WWII and the huge activities on movie equipment, astronomy and radio and television recorders in order to concentrate in consumer items like Photo or movie câmeras. Pikiotas (You also mispelled his Family name) cooperated in pictures and information.

That is all
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
levonsa
levonsa
Russia
248 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  1:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Luiz,

I use Google translate to write all my posts on this forum, so it was not my intention for it sounds as harsh as it came out, for that I apologize, the tone for my messages are completely different in Russian. Google did not correctly translate the phrase I intended that was converted into "Diary of a Madman". I wanted to compare it with a N.V. Gogol's novel, the reference was lost in translation.. My sincere apologies. I have asked Vlad to translate this into English for as I did not want any more translation misunderstandings. Here are my thoughts regarding your publication:

I wouldn't want to correct half your work because then I would have to be your co-author. I'm joking of course. :). I would simply like to express my wish how myself and some other collectors would like to see your project! Here’s my opinion: Your colossal work just needs to be abbreviated a bit and all the extra stuff taken out, so the 100 year LOMO anniversary wouldn’t be clouded by homemade stereo Smenas and other cameras that were not authentic to the producing factory. For us, as your readers the main interest is what the factory made and what it is making right now. You did a splendid job of showing the first production of the factory – the cinema field equipment! Just marvelous! I would like to see this kind of material and style continue throughout the book. Basically more concentration on LOMO factory and its production.

Luiz, if you need pictures for certain cameras I can gladly provide them to you!

Best regards,
Alexey.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  06:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today is the Great 100 Years LOMO Party
Hope to see pictures from there!

To another 100 years of Glory!

Best Regards to all

LP

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  02:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Luiz,

just back from St.Peteresburg. I have brought you book to the very own hands of the General director of LOMO, as promised. I was asked to say you big THANK YOU! Below you will find the link to the newest LOMO book 1914-2014.

http://issuu.com/igorlisovsky/docs/_________________________sm

Best regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  7:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is great Aidas, thanks for the link!
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  09:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Aidas
Congratulations for your excellent book It is great!
About your giving of my book to LOMO General Diretor, I say I am in a complete thanksgiving to you.
My best Regards
LP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google