Last Edited by Vlad on 4/7/2014 9:14:47 PM  
Located in
Member Articles & Blogs > Articles

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jacques M.
France
2580 Posts
Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  11:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Alexey and Vlad, for this very interesting article. We know a bit more what happened during this 1934 year (at least concerning Russian cameras!).

So, that some points will be to reconsider, as the stiffness of some buttons. I must say that most of my early Feds share that default!

Concerning the trio FAG, VOOMP and Fed, we always don't know why Fed was chosen for mass production (whereas the FAG was the best of the three ones, after the journalists!). A political decision?

Jacques.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  3:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques,

possibly FED was chosen due to the cheap labor force in the commune?

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
levonsa
levonsa
Russia
248 Posts
Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  4:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I like the idea of Jacques. I think the FED was decorated with modern and has a chrome coating. Pioneer and FAG are nickel plated. Nickel is not as stable as chromium. Cameras Pioneer and FAG in many of the details are made by hand.
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  02:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I think it was also political decision. "The best" was no the most important criteria in the USSR in 1934/35. More important was, that the camera was made in the commune of "street children", named by Felix Dzerzhinski, the hero of the soviet people in that time.
But I agree with Vlad too, the cheap labor force in the commune was also very important.

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page

Milo Schekkerman
Valkir1987
Netherlands
195 Posts
Posted - May 09 2014 :  3:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Valkir1987's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe Fed already had better machinery and experience for mass production, like the black and decker drills. It seems they are more machined and less hand crafted then the FAG and VOOMP examples.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2580 Posts
Posted - May 10 2014 :  05:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maybe.
I think too that the background (a school for orphans, the cover of the NKVD...) was very useful for the Soviet.
In France, in the early sixties, Makarenko was considered as one of the masters in pedagogics and was studied like Rousseau, Pestalozzi or Binet in the French schools for masters. The three times of pedagogy: learning, making and selling were most interesting. Selling above all.

Of course, I don't speak about the real condition of the pupils...

Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google