Henri Cartier Bresson's Zorki 6 (?)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  02:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Here's an old documentary about HCB :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei45S87R2dk

At 0.53' Mr Bresson's camera look like a Zorki 6 - but I'm not 100% positive. What's your opinion ?

Best,
Jean

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  09:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jed, I believe you are right, it is a Zorki 6, I can't think of any other camera that matches that back

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  10:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,
So he took pictures with a FSU camera ! I didn't know. A huge discovery !

Cheers,
Jean
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  12:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Suits his style well, maybe it was his 2nd camera when he didn't want to take one of the more visible Leicas with him?

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  1:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

Suits his style well

My thoughts really !

Best,
Jean
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  4:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
this video is not available in Germany . Could you download and post it here, please?

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  4:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hello

Well, the camera in the film looks like a Zorki 6. But three things:

1) to me it looks like the shutter need to be advanced twice, in Leica terms it says "double stroke" if I remember correctly; that not the case with the Zorki 6

2) for such an old documentary the cuts are too quick, will say the film is certenly cut later when the docmentary is made with parts of the old docmentary and new material (in 1998?); so the scenes don't looks to fit together

3) who can definitly say that the hands shown in the film are the hands of HCB? Maybe it's a filler made later?

In the rest of the film I found some Leica Standard (Leica I) and Leica II/III in HCB's hands, in silver and in blank. No other cameras (but I didn't look at the entire film). But okay, the camera seen in the frist 60 seconds don't look like a Leica, maybe some other camera ... But even the lenses don't seems to be the same!

Just my 2 1/2 cents ...

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  5:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlexanderK

this video is not available in Germany

Hello Alexander

I sent you a mail with a link. Other friends from Germany (or other countries) with the same problem: Please let me know and I will send you a link to a copy on my own server in MP4 format. I will not publish this link in public.

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2576 Posts
Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  03:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

For those guys, it seems to be a Zorki 5...
http://www.pdexposures.com/more-reason-for-tony-to-love-hcb/

Anyway, it would be a Zorki...
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2576 Posts
Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  11:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

After close examination, I would vote for the Zorki 5...
The ears for straps are more or less in the middle of the round corner on this camera (like on the Zorki 5); they are more on the front part on the Zorki 6 (to clear the opening back).

I think...

Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  08:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Comrades,

Perhaps you all know that Piccaso used a Fed-2? I saw a photo of him with a Fed-2 hanging around his neck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google