Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  8:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
absolutely new!
http://www.designboom.com/technology/lomography-lc-a-120-medium-format-camera-09-09-2014/
LP
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  03:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know whether these 'LOMO' cameras, distributed by the Lomographic Society, are in fact designed by LOMO, St Petersburg? Is there any connection at all between the original LOMO and these Chinese cameras? Does LOMO have any control over the use of the LOMO name with regard to these cameras, or have the rights to use the name been passed to the Lomographic Society or the Chinese manufacturers?

David.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2575 Posts
Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  05:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Interesting. thanks Luiz.
I have the same question as David...

Jacques;
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1978 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  2:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speculations..

Although this cāmera could not be directly designed by LOMO itself, It uses same shutter from original and as the article says, its lens has the same calculation of Minitar, now at 60mm. Overall design is the same of original LC-A, though being a direct descendent, of course.
According to Lomography's behaviour, having lenses from Bel-Air made by KMZ, and revival of Helios 40 and Russar MR-2, the Petzval lens as well as the revival of Zenits, I could believe on the LOMO cooperation on this new cāmera.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  03:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just asked the Lomography Society and got the answer :

"The cameras being sold by Lomography are revamped reproductions of the LC-A and Lubitel produced in Russia. Most of our products today are designed in house and produced in China, but some parts (like built-in glass lenses for compact cameras and premium lenses) are still manufactured in Russia."

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  12:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very interesting Alexander, thank you finding out that bit of information!

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  02:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Alexander, for getting the answer from the Lomographic Society. I am still intrigued as to the use of the LOMO name. Presumably, the Lomographic Society have obtained the rights to use the name from LOMO themselves.

David.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google